Saturday 10 November 2007

New Computer & Stuff

A few non-writing days (almost). Had a new computer as my old one was giving me hard disk trouble. Set the new beast up then fitted a new hard disk to the older one and set it up with three virtual disk. The house is networked. Geek's rule.

But these things cut into writing space and it is SO easy to have a blank day become a blank week.

Managed to slip in 1.000 words, a nice little story.

Here are today's prompts (but writing today will be hard)

A sponge, vinegar, hammer, nails
A starling frantic, from a blocked chimney
Anyone can press a button
At noon, dead centre of all I knew
At the beginning, if you say this doesn’t matter, is it dead?
Beowulf, but then again
Christmas is different for the childless
Demanding attention
Escalators
Every other Sunday they did dinner
First they came for the men who laid concrete
Geronimo!
Harry Lodge and the impossible dream
I am crushed into a corner
I read about a honeymoon in Bermondsey
I wonder sometimes about the jungle
I would like to have delivered milk in a cart
Is this the most cruel thing, the cruellest?
It was our usual Sunday walk
Jump you say. I jump
Kumquat, that sounds vaguely rude
Lead me with your cold, sure hand
Letters from mad people, and lovers
My biscuit-tin
Normal, an interesting concept
Oh for the muse of fire
Pennies squashed flat when the train passes
Queer, Queen, Quiet Now
Reverend Bryson, of whom we heard rumours, nothing proven
Roman ruins under a rubbish dump
See that he is living, and then quietly leave
Somewhere in London, I have family
Standing in the rain
The phone does not ring
The village virgin twenty-one, ambitious
To out mutual satisfaction
Undulate
Violets
We smelled them burning
We started swimming, what else was there?
What a fox does, how otters kill
What a mirror does is not reflect
When match day was a man thing, dignified
Why the world is not quite real from a train
X’s, eight in a row
You said it wasn’t worth the trouble
Your house is too warm
Zephyr Zodia, Ford Consul, Leather Bench Seats

No comments: